dezba u w u
01. Name: Dezba Greyhorse
02. Best friend: Keandra Greyhorse. Or her doge.
04. Favorite color: Magenta.
05. Relationship status: Single and ready to mingle. Sort of.
06. Ideal mate: She’s not looking for anyone in particular right now, just someone to relax with and make her laugh.
07. Turn-ons: Dudes in suits, romantic gestures (flowers, candlelit bathtubs, well cooked dinner), kissing. Seriously the macking out gets her pretty hot and flustered.
08. Favorite food: She’s a pretty big fan of Mexican food, and the hotter it is the better.
09. Crushes: A little baby one on Jesse.
10. Favorite music: Pink Floyd.
11. Biggest fear: Her family expecting her to get married some day.
12. Biggest fantasy: Finding a way to control supernatural events without persecuting supernaturals. Maybe having a house of her own someday.
13. Bad habits: I’m not sure if it’s a bad habit because she has good reason to, but sometimes she doesn’t give people a first chance, no less a second.
14. Biggest regret: I think most the time she’s glad about it, but sometimes she regrets that she never went to college.
15. Best kept secrets: Probably her desires, things like wanting to be sexual with men or wanting to dress pretty sometimes, but the fear of that ruining how serious others take her (something that is important to her personally and professionally) makes her keep things like that to herself.
16. Last thought: Last thought of life or was recently had? We’ll go with last recent thought, which was about dinner and what she was going to get for it.
17. Worst romantic experience: Are you kidding, she’s a single young woman who isn’t society’s definition of perfect beauty and she frequents bars. Most of her romantic experiences are, to say the least, less than fulfilling.
18. Biggest insecurity: Her gender.
19. Weapon of choice: Her mind, and when that fails her, a shot gun.
20. Role Model: She once had to go to an eccentric old man for information on a (possibly haunted) object she was hunting down. Instead of just giving the information to her, he made her look for the information. In this time, she became friends with him and he taught her many things. After her mission was done, she came back and he was her mentor for many years. She still looks up to him.
Thanks, Aly! I actually did some Dezba sketches today, I’ll have to get them up sometime.
FLIPS IN!!! HELLO PHANTOM. FOR JESSE, I'D LIKE TO KNOW - 8, 9, 10, 13, 19, 20, 31!!
WOAH HI ALY HOW ARE YOU.
8: What are some of your OCs strengths?
I think one of his biggest strength is patience. And maybe when you have all the time in the world, patience just comes along with that, but there are few times I can recall (and they have happened, just rarely) where he’s lost his patience.
9: What are some of your OCs weaknesses?
Well the first one that comes to mind is that until recently he never stopped and defined his own morals. There were many things he had not figured out for himself where he stood, and this lead to instances where he acted without properly considering consequences, and to instances where he was easily manipulated. These things often ended up hurting people he didn’t mean to hurt (whether they be friends or strangers) or himself.
Two examples that spring to mind are his round with Alex in PHOCT, which had some severe writing errors on my part, but in essence involved a situation where if he had said to himself right off the bat, “I am not going to hurt or hinder anyone,” then the snake wouldn’t have lead him so easily into hurting Alex for the Greater Good which made him miserable and didn’t really help anyone that much. Or the more recent incident in which he let his anger overtake him and he ended up violently killing (and partially cannibalizing) E. Which, obviously, hurt E and left Jesse depressed and confused and convinced that it would have been better if he had just let E do whatever he had come to do.
This is starting to change, strongly because of what he felt towards E’s death, and Jesse is starting to decide where he specifically stands with certain things. Thus his recent decision to become pescetarian and officially become pacifist.
And even though he’s recently started to do things to fix this, I still currently consider it a weakness.
10: What is your OCs favorite outfit?
Probably a tie between his gardening outfit
which is very soft and worn and light. So despite how rugged and torn and stained it gets, he has yet to find the heart to get rid of it and get some new gardening clothes.
Between that and his tea outfit,
Of which he is very fond of the various colors (and the accents of gold) and patterns and how it fits him and hugs his form and makes him feel super fancy.
Some other favorites include last halloween’s swan prince outfit (drawn by spire) and his riding outfit.
13: What is your OCs earliest memory?
Even though he’s crap at remembering how to do things/how things work, Jesse does have a fairly good memory of events. Though it may be hazy, I would not doubt that, if he went over his memories, if there was some groggy recollection of being on the ground in pain watching Ceibht walking away from the body she just mutilated and let get possessed by a myriad of disembodied spirits.
But I do know he does not remember anything (perhaps, besides a vague knowledge of what it felt like) before obtaining his body.
19: Does your OC prefer plaid or polka dots?
Plaid. He’s particularly fond of the maple leaf tartan.
20: What’s your OCs favorite kind of pizza?
The non-American kind.
31: Does your OC believe in fairies?
Jesse doesn’t believe in you, Darcy.
Yes, he does! I’m… not actually sure he knows what Darcy is (have they ever talked about that? A MYSTERY.) but if he does, I mean obviously he believes Darcy exists.
And then the “spectres” that sometimes come around his parts are not technically ghosts, but are in essence a type of fairy.
Thank you so much for the questions, Aly!
4, 7, 15, 17, 19, 22? uwu
I ended up kind of butting out the Spectral Lands crew because they’re only sometimes connected to the Sacrosanct universe.
4. biggest to smallest feet
7. most intelligent
15. most honest to least
17. most likely to save someone in a burning building
19. most likely to get married and have children
22. most mentally stable
hey phantom i was just sort of thinking about this, but i was wondering how jesse would respond if darcy died? what if he got seriously injured or something or was in the hospital? or would that all depend on the how?
Haha, honest to goodness I’ve been avoiding this question because Jesse gets so gorram depressed every time I try to answer it.
The answer to both is basically “not well.”
Jesse’s been aware that he’s been falling away from some people, from his friends—Darcy in particular, he doesn’t talk to as much anymore. This fills him with extreme guilt, but he’s been basically telling himself, it’s alright I’ll visit Darcy as soon as I can, and besides when was the last time he visited me?
If Darcy died, after the initial shock and grief, Jesse would be hit by all those things you always tell yourself you should have done and all those questions that you find hard to answer; I should have visited him more. Did he know how much I cared for him? Would this have happened if I had been there for him? Why didn’t I just talk to him more.
So on and so forth.
First learning about Darcy’s death, if he died, would feel like someone put a barbed bullet through Jesse’s heart. He’d rush to wherever the body was being kept, and I feel that it might be one of the rare times Jesse cries, and he might sob over Darcy’s body.
He’d then go a bit crazy asking himself all those questions, then become withdrawn for awhile.
After that, he’d go to Enyon. He’d see if she needed comfort, if she wanted to get away for awhile, if she needed anything whether it be money for the funeral or just someone to hold her and not say the sickening repeated phrases of “It’ll be alright,” or “He’s in a better place now,” or “He was at peace in the end,” or whatever.
If Darcy wasn’t dead, but seriously injured and in the hospital, Jesse would visit him. If not conscious, Jesse would sit by him and hold his hand. Maybe tell Darcy about his day, or read him books. If he was conscious, Jesse would bring gifts that would range from wonderfully cooked meals and desserts to stuffed animals so tacky that hopefully they’d make Darcy laugh and say something like get that shit out of here jess what is wrong with you. He’d try to get Darcy whatever he wanted.
Jesse’d still check up on Enyon, see if she was okay with what happened to Darcy and if there was anything he could do for her. He’s also noticed that Darcy seems embarrassed whenever Jesse offers money or things like that, so instead of embarrassing him Jesse would go ahead and subtly arrange a way with the hospital to pay most of Darcy’s bills without him noticing. And he might subtly pay for the best doctors money can buy to help Darcy get better.
He’d probably end up sleeping in the hospital a lot, just so someone’s there if Darcy ever wakes up in the middle of the night and finds that being alone in a hospital room or bed or whatever is miserable.